In a historical moment in which the fear of different seems to prevail and the values of equality and social justice are neglected for the benefit of a widespread selfishness, it seems important to us to experiment new initiative to promote the positive values that the Associazione Orchestra Multietnica di Arezzo tried to convey in these years using the universal language of the music. Solidarity, hospitality, integration, civil commitment, those are the values we want to pass on through cinema and Audiovision’s language, in an active citizenship experience above all young people, to give our contribution to a wide cultural sensibility growth, with a view to a supportive, multicultural and cohesive society.
Officine social movie: 4th cinema and Audiovision’s festival dedicated to social issues and civil commitment and to dissemination of content that promoted solidarity, hospitality, social inclusion, cultural diversity and rights values.
Officine social movie is born for an attempt to create new artistic context and new formulas to convey, through cinema and audiovision’s versatility, the idea of cultural and social commitment above expressed. An open festival to short films presented by young emergent and independent filmmakers and videomakers, a showcase dedicated to projection of titles (movie, docu-movie, animation…) on call through film distribution channels also alternative. Projections that will be enriched by guest’s presence (filmmakers, authors, screenwriters, actors) with whose the audience will have the opportunity to confront at the end of projection.
We want to report that Officine Social Movie is born with the intention to pose the same caution both on the final result, the festival that will take place in Arezzo from 29th may to 31th may 2023, and on the project creation and implementation process. One of the targets is in fact the involvement of a group of young people who can share an active citizenship, giving space to their creativity.
To arrive to the festival made up by the step of design, analysis, planning and management, communication and critical vision of short films in the competition, will be part of the project itself, with the same importance of the festival days.
The group will be composed by some young people of the promoter association with around twenty people of the students from the Multimedia, cinema and graphic design sections of Liceo Artistico “Piero della Francesca di Arezzo” that, flanked by expert and operation, will draw the outlines of the festival, will draw up the national competition announcement, will be an integral part in the selection of short films in competition and will be part of the jury who will designate it the winners.
The students, in addition of being part of the group of the design team, will be involved in the creation of an own short film too, to be presented out of competition, as well as for the project and the festival’s video-photographic documentation.
The Officine Social Movie project has as leader the Association “Orchestra Multietnica di Arezzo” (OMA), in collaboration with Officine della Cultura, the Liceo Artistico Coreutico Scientifico Internazionale “Piero della Francesca”, annex to Convitto Nazionale “Vittorio Emanuele II” of Arezzo and Poti Pictures, with the support of Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze, contribution Prodigio Divino and Associazione Autismo Arezzo. Media partner of the event Teletruria.
COMPETITION NOTICE OFFICINE SOCIAL MOVIE
In the competition all cinematographic works can participate, of minimum duration of 3 e the maximum duration of 18 minute, dedicated to dissemination of content that promotes the value of solidarity, of hospitality, of social inclusion, of cultural diversity, of rights and products form 1 January 2019.
The competition is opened to individual, group and upper secondary school, where participants in the production have accomplished the sixteenth year of age.
The selection of works in competition will be done by an Experts’ Jury chaired by the actress Ottavia Piccolo and flanked by a Student of Liceo Artistico Coreutico Scientifico Internazionale “Piero della Francesca” annex to Convitto Nazionale “Vittorio Emanuele II” of Arezzo Jury.
The jury composed in this way will decide the:
- Best Short film with a cash prize of 500,00€.
- Autismo Arezzo, assigned to that short film which will best address the issues of disability and mental distress, with a cash prize of 100,00€.
- Prodigio Divino assigned to the short film that, in the purposes indicated above, will have been able to interpret in the best possible way the expression “Freedom of taste” with a cash prize of € 100.00
- Unicoop Firenze awarded to the short film that will address the central theme of 2022 edition of the festival (currently being defined), whit a cash prize €100
The works will also be evaluated by:
- A jury composed by members of Orchestra Multietnica di Arezzo that will assign to the Best Soundtrack a cash prize of 100,00€.
- A jury open to Liceo Artistico Coreutico Scientifico Internazionale “Piero della Francesca” of Arezzo Students, that will assign to the short movie with the Best Youth Language (Miglior Linguaggio Giovanile) a cash prize of 100,00€.
The following Special Mentions Officine Social Movie are provided:
- Best direction.
- Best performer.
- Best photography.
- Best short film decree by Popular Jury, assigned by the people who will see the selected shorts on the Festival website (https://www.officinesocialmovie.com/).
All the short films rewarded and mentioned will also be screened during the year 2022 at the Cinema Eden of Arezzo at the opening of the ordinary programming.
Dates and deadlines:
The call expires on April 24th 2023. The registration fee is free.
The results will be communicated to the authors of the selected short films by e-mail by May 15th 2023.
The Festival will be held of Arezzo, from 29th may to 31th may 2023.
To apply the cinematographic work one (and only) representative should follow the procedure listed here (in case of lack of one of the following requirements, the penalty is the exclusion of the work from the competition)
Send to email@example.com:
- Indicate in the body of email or to attach a pdf file with name, surname, place and date of birth, fiscal code and e-mail address, also possibly a telephone number; in case of participation of a scholastic institute the reference will be that of a teacher belonging to the production group;
- Link to view the proposed cinematographic work;
- Link for downloading a trailer with a maximum duration of 30 “(reference about download as in the point 4) – optional.
- If selected between finalist it will be required to send a link containing the download of the proposed cinematographic work. As video format we recommend: AVI/MPEG/WMV, in FULLHD or 4K.
We recommend WeTransfer as platform for sending the link containing the download. It is possible, if you wish, to deliver or to send with courier service or registered mail with return receipt (the date of the postmark is authentic) in a closed envelope a copy DVD of the proposed work and your presentation card, at Orchestra Multietnica di Arezzo- Via Trasimeno, 16, 52100 Arezzo;
- For the works in original language not Italian, subtitles in English language are required. The shorts selected for the final stage must send subtitles in Italian, under penalty of exclusion from the competition.
- Presentation card, containing:
– Short synopsis of the work
– Presentation letter /Direction Notes
– Cast & credits
– Eventual poster
– Author(s) Soundtrack
– At least 3 photos, at your choice, in high resolution of protagonists, direction, cast, set and backstage
- Release (Attached A) that authorizes the organization of Officine Social Movie to use the above induced material for promotional, informative, organizational and information purposes related to the Festival.
Please specify in the email subject:
Selection Officine Social Movie 2023
At the end of the call, on April 24th 2023, the staff will meet to view and value all the received proposals, in order to select the works that will be part of the 3th Edition of Officine Social Movie Festival (the opinion expressed by the staff is unquestionable).
Once had the selection, the staff will communicate, by e-mail, by May 15th 2023, the positive outcome only to those directly concerned. Please note that in case of works in the original non-Italian language, finalists must send the subtitles of the short film in Italian language.
For info write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For each winning work will be required the presence (physical or on-line) of one representative of the cast during the awards night. To the representatives who will come physically to the Festival will be guaranteed hospitality (food and accommodation) for the same evening.
N.B. Applications for participation that they will not come by the established dates and that will not contain just one of the documents listed above they will not be taken into consideration.